Insalata di Arance, also known as Orange Salad, is a dish with, you guessed it, oranges as the main ingredient. It is typically made by slicing or segmenting fresh oranges and combining them with other ingredients such as olives, fennel, red onion, and parsley. The salad is dressed with olive oil and lemon juice and is often finished with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. The salad is typically served as a side dish or as an appetizer, and it is a great way to enjoy the freshness and flavor of oranges. The combination of sweet and savory flavors and the crunchy texture of the fennel and the olives make this salad a delicious and refreshing dish.
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup of sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup of sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the orange segments, fennel, red onion, olives, and parsley.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the orange salad and toss to combine.
- Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Divide the salad among four plates and serve cold.
- Enjoy the salad as a side dish or as an appetizer.
Note: you can add some chopped fresh mint for a different twist, or you can use different types of oranges, such as blood oranges or mandarins, for a different flavor.
You can also add some chopped walnuts or almonds for a crunchy texture.
Leave a Reply