Timballo di Anelletti is a dish that is made with Anelletti pasta, which is a small ring-shaped pasta. It is typically made with a mixture of meat, typically beef or pork, and vegetables such as eggplant and bell peppers, and béchamel or meat sauce. The pasta and meat mixture is then layered in a baking dish with béchamel or meat sauce and mozzarella cheese and then baked in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Timballo di Anelletti is a hearty, savory dish that is perfect for cold weather or as a comforting weeknight meal. It’s a dish that is loved by many in Sicily, and it’s a classic dish that is enjoyed by many all around the world.
- 1 lb anelletti pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Flour for dusting
- Cook the anelletti pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a little more olive oil and sauté the onion, carrot, and celery until they are softened.
- Add the beef back to the skillet, along with the tomato sauce and beef broth. Season with salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked anelletti pasta, beef mixture, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Spread a dusting of flour on a large baking dish and pour in the pasta mixture.
- Top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply